What is ISO 14001:2004?
ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard which specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS. ISO 14001 is the most widely used EMS in the world.
ISO 14001 implementation
ISO 14001 can be used as a tool since it focuses on controlling the environmental aspects of a company’s activities. Through this systematic approach a company recognises the consequences of its activities (products or services) to the environment and sets objectives, goals and programmes to minimize them. By implementing the Standard a company provides the framework through which it continually improves its environmental performance often resulting in financial benefits.
1. Elimination of costs deriving either by incompliance with National Legislation or by imposition of fines that may affect company reputation
2. Implementation of environmental management programs and minimize costs through them
3. Minimize costs concerning both waste management and usage of natural resources through management programs and the proper use of raw materials and natural resources.
Environmental and Social Benefits:
1. Demonstrate social sensibility of your company and acquire an advantage in comparison with your competitors
2. Ensure law compliance
3. Facilitation of your cooperation with other organizations that demand the implementation of an Environmental Management System.
4. All personnel are familiarized with the implementation and maintenance of the system.
To who is ISO 14001 addressed?
This Standard may apply on every kind of activity and on companies of any size taking into account that every company affects on a bigger/ smaller scale the environment in which is involved. Keeping in mind the global need to protect the environment and to prevent pollution, the implementation of an EMS is considered necessary.
What does S.Q.S.S. offer you?
System Implementation: it includes the planning, implementation and provision of the required information so that you are able to implement and maintain successfully the EMS. We provide support during the preparation stage and we help you determine if your company is ready to be certified.
Remaining at your disposal for any further inquiry.
117 Notara & Skouze Str. 18536, Piraeus
Tel. +30 210 4180375
Fax. +30 210 4180875